Our client, a high-end premium company based in Europe, is looking for a Design Director, expert in tailoring, to lead the end-to-end design management for the ladieswear and menswear collection. As a Design Director you will be responsible for setting the mood and direction for the brand and all the collections, elevating and evolving the brand aesthetic while driving the overall brand direction alongside the CMO.
Reporting to the CEO, the Design Director role will be the core to the company’s management team and at the centre of the cross-functional collaboration between Product, Buying, Merchandising, Sales, Marketing and Finance functions.
We are looking for a very creative, strategic and technical leader that will lead, develop, and mentor internal design team, empowering existing talent to deliver excellence.
- Take ownership of the brand aesthetic across all channels
- Elevate and evolve the brand aesthetic while supporting the overall brand direction
- Set direction, concept and key looks for each season
- Present collection direction internally & externally, specifically to international press
- Design the collection within the given range plan and price architecture defined alongside the Product Director as well as commercial & seasonal needs to meet the set gross margin targets
- Coach design team from initial idea to final product on all collections
- Orient design team in selecting sketches, fabrics, yarns, colours & trims
- Co-design collection within given frame of prices, commercial & seasonal needs
- Work closely together with Development & Pattern makers, as well as Product Director
- Prioritize Design team’s workload for them to meet deadlines
- Review product for style and fit during development process and before production stage
- Work closely with the Marketing and Ecommerce team to develop new concepts and create assets for the marketing and communication
- Ensure a high level of finish for all brand materials
- 10+ years design experience
- Excellent understanding of the development process
- Strong knowledge of the international fashion scene
- Strong time and project management, presentation, leadership, and communication skills
- Creativity and ability to delegate responsibilities
- Receptiveness to feedback and adaptability
- Willingness to travel and meet deadlines
- A sharp eye for aesthetics and image curation
- A genuine interest and vast knowledge in contemporary culture, photography and fashion
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our appreciation for your interest.