Our client, a high-end premium company, is looking for a Product Director to to lead the end-to-end process of product management, development, sourcing, production of all collections to meet both the (upper) premium quality & sustainability commitment of the company as well as the gross margin expectations.
Reporting to the CEO, the Product Director job will be the core to the company’s management team and at the center of the cross-functional collaboration between Design, Product, Sales, Marketing and Finance functions.
We are looking for a very strategic and technical Product Director that will lead, develop, and mentor internal product team, empowering existing talent to deliver excellence.
This is a great opportunity for ambitious professionals willing to become part of a successful team in one of the most dynamic premium companies in Europe.
Responsibilities of a Product Director role
- Be commercially responsible for achieving gross margin (%) and gross profit targets. Follow up during the development to ensure set targets and RRP are reached and decide go/no go
- Lead end-to-end process of development, sourcing, production, quality assurance, CSR and supply chain for each season
- Define sourcing strategy, regularly challenge supplier footprint and steer supplier partnerships
- Define the range plan: identify number of styles and options, price points, margin structure & hierarchy based on market demand
- Lead and mentor a high-performance product and production team.
- Define which styles should be carryovers, updates or new developed styles based on net sales, profitability and required quality improvements
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors to ensure that product quality is maintained throughout the production process
- Oversee end-to-end supply chain for prototypes, samples and finished garments, to ensure deliveries on time in full
- Oversee the process of Logistics and questions related to Inbound and Outbound deliveries
- Support Finance team to analyze freight rates, cost for additional services, and inventory level
- Identify improvements in current business processes, systems and procedures within the Supply Chain, which improve the efficiency of the business.
- Oversee communication between Sales and Product teams to align the current demand, sales actions and the necessary information to develop supply chain process
- Set collection structure and define seasonal range plan
- Make sure gross margin targets are met
- Ensure product quality standards
- Oversee sustainability and CSR development
- Steer end-to-end collection and SSP development process
Skills required for a Product Director job
- 10+ year’s experience in Product Development, Sourcing, Production and Supply Chain, preferably in the fashion industry
- Several years of experience in working as integral part of a company’s executive management team
- Degree in clothing/material technology and/or manufacturing; textile engineering or textile commercial background
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven people leader: ability to manage others and build successful cross-functional partnerships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, full professional proficiency in English
- Analytical, structured, detail oriented and results driven
- Team player with positive ‘can do’ attitude
Want to apply for the Product Director role? Click to apply.