Collaborating with the leading racing performance apparel that for decades has been providing the world’s best athletes in the pursuit of performance excellence with the most technologically advanced products which fuse protection, innovation, and style.
Due to its massive expansion, we are supporting them with the search of a Head of Sourcing & Purchasing to to lead the manufacturing and purchasing process and ensure productivity is cost effective for the company.
Reporting to the CEO, and managing directly a team of 20 people, you will be the core to the company’s management team and at the center of the cross-functional collaboration between Buying, Quality, Demand Planning, Logistic functions to increase the 360 product and the purchasing strategy of the company.
This is a great opportunity for ambitious professionals willing to become part of a successful team in one of the most dynamic performance companies in the World!
- Plans, develops, directs, and implements complex business strategies through the establishment of short/long-range objectives, change management, performance goals, and metrics for each spend category
- Provide guidance and support to the costing managers.
- Improving the performance, efficiency and effectiveness and ensure factories costing strategies are successfully implemented
- Seek out and implement new methods to reduce manufacturing time and increase productivity
- Responsible for leading, motivating and challenging the sourcing organization to assure a competitive advantage is being delivered
- Working directly with legal, finance and policy controls to ensure risk mitigation, cost optimization, and policy compliance
- Increase speed to market through improved processes
- Maintain awareness of current market trends and conditions that affect suppliers, cost of services, pricing for the company
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the vendor performance on a regular basis
- Manage and lead a team of almost 20 people and execute of sourcing strategies and plans
- Define business processes with the other sourcing directors
- Lead the purchasing department and identify and follow up with potential new suppliers.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience as a Lead Sourcing & Purchasing manager, preferably in the moto/auto industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and import sourcing practices / procedures
- Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Business, MBA, Engineering, Supply Chain Management
- Product knowledge (texture and materials)
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proven people leader: ability to manage others and build successful cross-functional partnerships