Our client, a worldwide Luxury Company, is looking for an established Senior Soft Woven Designer (Ladieswear), to be part of its creative and international team. This person must have a strong background on sustainability treatments (core of the business). Reporting to the Head of Design, the senior soft woven designer will work across the soft woven category, ensuring the long-term success of the brand by providing creative skills as well as support expansion of product range. As a senior soft woven designer you will be responsible to lead design brief from concept to execution, working together with the rest of your team and the production department, in order to develop a well-designed high-quality product.
This is a great opportunity for ambitious professionals willing to become part of a successful creative team in one of the most dynamic companies in Europe.
Responsibilities for the Senior Soft Woven Designer
- Responsible for the development of the soft woven ladies collection
- Preparation of mood and colour trend boards for the respective category as well as merchandising sheets and sales documents
- Understand creative vision of department as directed by Head of Design
- Execute corporate sustainability targets
- Actively aware of all areas of design and tech
- Work with key members of the sales and account management team to ensure the quality and timely delivery of the collection
- Create innovative pieces that fully represent the brand aesthetic
- Be a constant source of inspiration by bringing new ideas and concepts to work • Creation of a target-group and market-appropriate collection as well as collection tracking up to sale for a defined product group or collection
- Specific supplier briefing on required development and research based on collection strategy and collection size
- Participate in Fittings in cooperation with the technical team and subsequent review • Responsibility for technical and detailed descriptions (development and sample worksheet) • Preparation of and participation in meetings for specific collections
- Collaborate with supporting departments (Buying, Technic, QA, Product Safety) to ensure quality standards of garment
Skills required for Senior Soft Woven Designer role:
- +5 years or more previous experience of a design role developing a collection of soft woven for ladieswear
- A BA/HND in design and an outstanding portfolio
- Fully skilled in Adobe CS5 (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
- Excellent English communication skills
Want to apply for the Senior Soft Woven Designer role? Click here to apply.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our appreciation for your interest.