Our client, a well-known global luxury company, is looking for a Senior Footwear Designer specialised in Sneakers, to join its creative team. As a senior designer, you will be responsible for developing exclusive sneakers collection for the M/W lines.
Reporting into the Head of Footwear, you will be responsible to design and develop the entirely collection, keep up to-date with emerging trends, designing the right product at the right time to meet customer requirements, working closely with the product team as well as with the merchandising, buying and marketing team.
This is an incredible opportunity for a senior professional to be part of an innovative and creative team for a very dynamic and visionary luxury company.
Key experience will include:
- Responsible for developing the entire sneakers collection, from concept to execution, collaborating with all in-house departments, such as Product Development, Buyers, Marketing and Merchandising teams.
- Understand the creative vision of the brand, as directed by the Head of Design
- Aware of both technical and design areas, able to articulate original ideas to engaged with the GEN-Z and creatively impact the luxury sector
- Responsible for identifying and deliver detailed style direction to develop existing products, as well as proposing new product opportunities.
- Research lifestyle trends and design accordingly, brief buyers, suppliers and manufacturers on key products and samples materials, fabrics and trims.
- Establishing and develop relationships with suppliers and production facilities, researching on collection strategy and size.
- Creation of sketches, mood, and colour-trend boards; selection of materials, colours, design-related trims, and threads designs.
- Ensure corporate sustainable standards are met.
- Lead and participate in regular team meetings to present and to reinforce close communication in design
Must have requirements:
- Sneakers design guru
- +4 years of experience driving the sneakers design vision/creation
- Self- manage and problem solve issues that arise where appropriate
- Luxury or sportswear design background
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients.