Our client, a worldwide Premium Company, is looking for a talented and creative Head of Design for its casual line (ladieswear), to lead an international design team.
Reporting to the SVP of Design Ladies, the Head of Design will work across the casual line of the ladieswear collection, ensuring the long-term success of the brand by providing creative skills as well as support expansion of product range. The Head of Design job will include the responsibility of leading a design team from concept to execution, working together with the rest of departments including sustainability teams, production, buying and merchandising teams, to develop a well-designed high-quality product.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious manager willing to become part of a successful creative team in one of the most dynamic companies in Europe.
Responsibilities for the Head of Design role
- Responsible for the development of a new vision of the casual ladieswear line
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day of the design team to execute seasonal styles that reflect the brand design ethos.
- Mentor and inspire the design team with clear reference points in terms of understanding product storytelling, design and construction.
- Lead a team of designers and researchers to produce customer-centric, creative designs.
- In charge of creating, together with your team, innovative pieces that fully represent the brand aesthetic
- Manage all aspects of design and creative output, owning the design direction of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, supplier base, competitors and customer requirements for all products within the business area.
- Ensure creative and strategic vision is implemented by providing high-level guidance to the team through directing the design process and meeting creative and commercial KPIs.
- Be a constant source of inspiration by bringing new ideas and concepts to work.
- Creation of a target-group and market-appropriate collection as well as collection tracking up to sale for a defined product group or collection.
- Specific supplier briefing on required development and research based on collection strategy and collection size
- Utilises leaderships skills and motivation techniques to maximise employee performance and satisfaction.
- Monitors the team’s overall activities and identifies and implements strategies to increase productivity.
Skills required for the Head of Design job:
- 4 years or more previous experience covering a design managing role developing a collection of casual ladieswear
- Sustainability product knowledge
- A BA/HND in design and an outstanding portfolio
- Fully skilled in Adobe CS5 (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Excellent managerial skills and attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
Want to apply for the Head of Design role? Click here to apply.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our appreciation for your interest.