Our client, a worldwide high premium Company, is looking for a Design Manager specialised in Knitwear/Jersey to take a central role in the delivery of projects for the ladieswear line. Reporting to the Head of Design, the Design Manager will be directly responsible for the Quality, Creativity and Delivery of the knitwear/jersey ladieswear collection.
This is a great opportunity for ambitious senior designer willing to become the next manager of this successful international company.
Responsibilities for the Design Manager role
- Responsible for the development of the knitwear/jersey ladies collection
- Managing a team of 4 designers, including two seniors
- Ensuring that the design work is of sufficient quality and that all directives are being followed
- Collaborating with your own team and with other departments to achieve design goals
- Creating innovative ideas and designs and putting them into a context that the rest of the team and the client/customer can understand
- Developing a budget and analysing that budget regularly to ensure it remains tenable
- Mentoring and guiding team members and motivating them to achieve their goals and yours
- Conducting team training on developments within the design world or new business guidelines
Skills required for Design Manager role
- A deep technical knitwear/Jersey knowledge of the complete design process from brainstorming to end product
- A creative drive and a keen eye for innovative ideas and trends
- Effective supervisory and organisational skills
- The ability to be a leader but to also know how to motivate team members
- The patience and determination to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Flexibility and dependability to work in multifaceted working environments
- The ability to produce quality projects consistently
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
Qualification for the Design Manager role
- +5 years or more previous experience of a design role developing a collection of knitwear/jersey
- A BA/HND in design and an outstanding portfolio
- Excellent English communication skills
Want to apply for the Design Manager role? Click here to apply.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our appreciation for your interest.